care for your fur
How to maintain and preserve
How to maintain and preserve
How to maintain and
preserve your faux-fur
you can restore its volume using a hair dryer by sweeping against the grain of the hair and standing more than 30 centimeters away from the garment.
Excepting for lining, NEVER use a steamer device on the fur coat, it may irreversibly damage the latter.
I feel like my fur coat is shedding hair.
How to store your fur properly?
Tidy fur is healthy fur. Indeed, "faux-fur" fears too tight storage.
Crushing is the best way to wrinkle the synthetic fur hairs and progressively degrading the softness and visual appearance of the garment.
make sure you leave enough space in your wardrobe to ventilate the garment. We invite you to hang your fur on a sturdy hanger (wood is highly recommended) so as to preserve its original shape.
Last thing, take time to brush the synthetic fur in the hairs direction before store it, this way you will wear a perfect garment the next time you use it.
How to wash “faux-fur” perfectly ?
A few basic principles exist about the cleaning and drying of a "faux-fur" garment, in order to avoid some unwanted side effects and preserve it as long as possible.
As you noticed, a fur or "faux-fur" garment might be extremely sensitive to heat and water. Therefore cold-wash and dry cleaning is strongly recommended.
take your garment to a professional launderer.
The expertise of a professional equipped with cold and dry-cleaning machines is the only way to take care of the synthetic fibers of your "faux-fur".
How often should I clean my "faux-fur" garment ?
Rarely. Once a year is the recommended frequency. Over dry-cleaning could eventually damage your garment thereafter. Dry air, often heated to high temperatures, might burn the hairs tips. Therefore, "faux-fur" will lose flexibility, shine and softness.
take your "faux-fur" to a professional launderer once a year, before or late season. Throughout the year, it is ok to wash the garment with a small quantity of water, if necessary.
We invite you to pack the fur in a breathable garment bag in late season so you keep it clean and fresh until the next use.
Wear due to friction
Unlike natural fur, synthetic fur does not fear: insect attacks and drying out of the leather.
The enemy of clothing is wear and tear due to the friction it repeatedly undergoes on a daily basis.
- Elbows and arms (ex: leaning on a table, a desk, carrying a shoulder bag ...).
- End of the sleeves (ex: rubbing of the wrists, of a watch, of a bracelet, etc.).
- At the level of the underarms (ex: the swing of the arms when you walk).
- Back and buttocks (ex: remain seated on the garment, lean against a wall, wear a backpack ...).
- The inside of the collar (ex: rubbing the neck).
HEAT AND CLIMATIC CONDITIONS
- Do not expose the garment to cigarette smoke for too long (ex: wear on the collar, sleeves).
- Do not expose the garment to sunlight for too long (ex: general deterioration).
- Never put the garment in the dryer (the heat melts the synthetic material and alters the shape of the fur).
If you want to wash the garment, prefer a dry cleaning in a laundry, not a professional.
The water: is faux-fur water resistant? No !
What are the first reflexes to have (if my clothing is a little wet)?
Allow the fur to air dry naturally, away from any heat source.
What are the first reflexes to have (if my clothes are totally soaked)?
- Soak up excess water by rolling the fur for a few minutes in towels.
- Lay on a sturdy hanger (wood is recommended) to maintain the original shape of the garment.
- Once dry (wait 24 hours min.), the hairs of your fur can give the impression of being stuck together, which is normal.
after drying and spreading the fur (24 hours minimum) you can restoreits volume using a hair dryer